About CEO Todd Montgomery
Management is led by CEO Todd Montgomery, has an outstanding success rate in the junior mining industry. Mr. Montgomery was the discoverer of Anglo Potash in Saskatchewan, which was bought out for $8.75 a share by mining giant BHP Billiton.
Mr. Montgomery, has had huge success in the province of Saskatchewan. He founded CanWest Petroleum oil sands project and it traded over $8.00 a share. South Africa, the largest producer of Platinum Group Metals is becoming more politically unstable with each passing day resulting in less production.
Saskatchewan is one of the most stable mining environments in the world. Saskatchewan’s Swan Lake Complex is the world’s largest `Bushveld` South Africa like complex. Ultramafic rock is the host rock for Platinum Group Metals. The Swan Lake Complex is North America’s largest Ultramafic complex.
Canadian Platinum has one of the largest land positions for the exploration of Platinum Group Metals with 600,000 ha of mineral properties (all 100% owned).
The Swan Lake complex in Saskatchewan is the largest ultramafic complex in North America according to the Canadian Geological Society.
5 core drill programs completed for 13,350 meters over 43 holes
Announced a winter 2012 drill program on the Swan Lake project which is anticipated to include 3,000-6,000 meters of diamond drilling to test the recent new EM targets.
A 1,000 meter reconnaissance drill program is currently underway on the South Project to test certain high priority EM anomalies.
NI 43-101 compliant properties
$6M in exploration completed to date
$3M in cash
Quick Investor Information About Canadian Platinum Corp
- Canadian Platinum has Canada and the World’s newest significant platinum discovery.
- Saskatchewan is one of the most stable mining environments in the world.
- The Swan Lake Complex is the world’s largest unexplored ‘Bushveld’ South African like complex.
- Ultramafic rock is the host rock for platinum group metals. The Swan Lake Complex is North America’s largest ultramafic complex.
- Management has a great track record of new discovery prospects.
- Management was the founders of Anglo Potash.
- Management represented the first junior potash project in Saskatchewan (Anglo Potash).
- Anglo Potash signed a deal with BHP as a partner in 2006.
- Anglo Potash was bought out for $ 284 million in 2008.
- BHP is developing the world’s largest potash mine on Anglo Potash’s Jansen Lake site.
- “Saskatchewan has some of the best platinum group occurrences in Canada if not the world” – from the Geological Survey of Canada.
- South African production of platinum group metals is becoming more unstable and unreliable with every passing day.
- Over 76% of the world’s platinum group metals come from South Africa with the current and real threat of nationalization looming.
- Demand for platinum group metals is forecast to grow as the auto catalyst and jewelry markets expand in India and China (catalytic converters are used to reduce CO2 emissions in vehicles).
For more information about the company please visit http://canadianplatinumcorp.com
To see the stock chart visit the company page on the TSX website CPC.V